gta-worldmods.de/forum
Homepage Registrierung Kalender Mitgliederliste Teammitglieder Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite
gta-worldmods.de/forum » Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas » Modding Showrooms & Editing Fragen » Showroom für Cars, Bikes und sonstige Fahrzeuge » Schaeffts Projects » [ SA | SCR | REL ] 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (22): « erste ... « vorherige 20 21 [22]
Zum Ende der Seite springen [ SA | SCR | REL ] 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche 14 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 10,0014 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 10,0014 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 10,0014 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 10,0014 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 10,00
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
schaefft schaefft ist männlich
Modding Team

images/avatars/avatar-943.jpg

Nation: Germany
City: Nossen / Newcastle-UK

Themenstarter Thema begonnen von schaefft
Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Well, the polygons are splitted in this area which happens pretty much always when importing a dff (its a mapping seam where polygons get splitted most times, dunno why, happens with other file formats aswell). So the only thing you have to do is welding all vertices so its a closed surface again, without a non-visible gap which causes this edge. No idea how the tool is called in Zmodeler but its "weld" in Max. Maybe merge or something like that, its a tool that makes1 vertice out of 2. victory

30.10.2010 12:45 schaefft ist offline E-Mail an schaefft senden Homepage von schaefft Beiträge von schaefft suchen Nehmen Sie schaefft in Ihre Freundesliste auf Fügen Sie schaefft in Ihre Kontaktliste ein
Sean(Taiwan) Sean(Taiwan) ist männlich
Geldeintreiber

images/avatars/avatar-6463.jpg

City: Kaohsiung County, Taiwan

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hmm...I've tried to find that function
But I just can't find it wut1
What a shame for me to know a bug there
and I can do nothing to fix it...

30.10.2010 17:12 Sean(Taiwan) ist offline E-Mail an Sean(Taiwan) senden Homepage von Sean(Taiwan) Beiträge von Sean(Taiwan) suchen Nehmen Sie Sean(Taiwan) in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Modding Team

Well you could ask one of the Zmodeler users over here. If theres a tool they know it. And Im sure its not the last time youll need it. victory

30.10.2010 17:37 schaefft ist offline E-Mail an schaefft senden Homepage von schaefft Beiträge von schaefft suchen Nehmen Sie schaefft in Ihre Freundesliste auf Fügen Sie schaefft in Ihre Kontaktliste ein
SilverRST640 SilverRST640 ist männlich
Abräumer

To fix these bumpers unsmoothness:
Goto Vertices level, Select-Quadre and select these
unsmoothed polies.
Press Space, then Surface-Normals-Smooth.
You can even choose the level of the smoothing.

@schaefft, its not weld wich change the smoothness..
Its all about selecting the RIGHT vertices and smooth these area's victory
30.10.2010 17:52 SilverRST640 ist offline E-Mail an SilverRST640 senden Beiträge von SilverRST640 suchen Nehmen Sie SilverRST640 in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Modding Team

Dunno, I get a splitted mesh or a gap between the polies when I import a dff which causes that edge. Its not a problem of the polies having different smoothing groups.

If you can fix the problem this way I didnt say anything. lachen

30.10.2010 18:03 schaefft ist offline E-Mail an schaefft senden Homepage von schaefft Beiträge von schaefft suchen Nehmen Sie schaefft in Ihre Freundesliste auf Fügen Sie schaefft in Ihre Kontaktliste ein
Abräumer

Zitat:
Original von schaefft
Dunno, I get a splitted mesh or a gap between the polies when I import a dff which causes that edge. Its not a problem of the polies having different smoothing groups.

If you can fix the problem this way I didnt say anything. lachen

Yeah, I know.
This can happen.
When imported a dff wich has these unsmoothed area's,
its better not to weld them.
Its a good idea to smooth them when in Vertices level.
This will give good results.
When smoothing an abjoct, it might fail.

I always get this problem when UVW Wrapped objects
from 3ds max to Zmodeler.
Im really glad Zmod has obj filter so goodbye to .3ds files.
No less hassle about the groups/unsmoothens and no more
axis/pivot/xform errors.
30.10.2010 18:20 SilverRST640 ist offline E-Mail an SilverRST640 senden Beiträge von SilverRST640 suchen Nehmen Sie SilverRST640 in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Raptor Raptor ist männlich
Auftraggeber

images/avatars/avatar-3952.gif

City: Pavlodar, KAZ

Zitat:
Original von GTA_XP
unsmoothed polies.

ZModeler 1, which Sean uses for converting to Vice City, doesn't have such a tool. In ZM1 it's Surface->Normals->Projection, at least it seems to do the same as Smooth in ZM2. You have to select the verticies on the edge and apply this tool very, very often.
And about welding: It's true it repairs these sharp edges but it also destroys the mapping.

30.10.2010 18:47 Raptor ist offline Beiträge von Raptor suchen Nehmen Sie Raptor in Ihre Freundesliste auf Fügen Sie Raptor in Ihre Kontaktliste ein
Abräumer

Zitat:
Original von Raptor
Zitat:
Original von GTA_XP
unsmoothed polies.

ZModeler 1, which Sean uses for converting to Vice City, doesn't have such a tool. In ZM1 it's Surface->Normals->Projection, at least it seems to do the same as Smooth in ZM2. You have to select the verticies on the edge and apply this tool very, very often.
And about welding: It's true it repairs these sharp edges but it also destroys the mapping.

I forgot Zmodeler1 has VC plugins.

And yeah, welding destroys the complete mapping.
And mapping in Zmodeler can be a head and ass-ache sometimes.
30.10.2010 18:56 SilverRST640 ist offline E-Mail an SilverRST640 senden Beiträge von SilverRST640 suchen Nehmen Sie SilverRST640 in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Modding Team

Well, it doesnt destroy the mapping in max. If Zmodeler fucks up the mapping he better doesnt weld the stuff lachen

30.10.2010 19:12 schaefft ist offline E-Mail an schaefft senden Homepage von schaefft Beiträge von schaefft suchen Nehmen Sie schaefft in Ihre Freundesliste auf Fügen Sie schaefft in Ihre Kontaktliste ein
Abräumer

@schaeft, how to weld in max?
If max doesnt f***s up the mapping in the ass, Im interested lol

And yes, he really seriousley absolute better not weld in zmodeler.
30.10.2010 19:39 SilverRST640 ist offline E-Mail an SilverRST640 senden Beiträge von SilverRST640 suchen Nehmen Sie SilverRST640 in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Foxboro Foxboro ist männlich
Auftraggeber

Nation: France
City: BZH

The only way to weld without loosing the mapping in ZM is to use the smooth tool in point mode.
30.10.2010 23:07 Foxboro ist offline E-Mail an Foxboro senden Beiträge von Foxboro suchen Nehmen Sie Foxboro in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Modding Team

Zitat:
Original von GTA_XP
@schaeft, how to weld in max?
If max doesnt fucks up the mapping in the ass, Im interested lol

And yes, he really seriousley absolute better not weld in zmodeler.

Well, you simply weld the vertices of the mesh, not the ones of the UV chunks. Max automatically notices this and keeps the mapping intact. You can even edit the mesh, cut new polies in it and stuff without messing up the mapping when the "preserve UVs" option is on. It really has to suck to work with Zmodeler if you cannot edit the mesh without fcking up the UVs.

30.10.2010 23:38 schaefft ist offline E-Mail an schaefft senden Homepage von schaefft Beiträge von schaefft suchen Nehmen Sie schaefft in Ihre Freundesliste auf Fügen Sie schaefft in Ihre Kontaktliste ein
Sean(Taiwan) Sean(Taiwan) ist männlich
Geldeintreiber

images/avatars/avatar-6463.jpg

City: Kaohsiung County, Taiwan

OK guys, thanks for those advises! winkwink
It is correct that I use ZModeler1
But...are there any tools or functions that I can fix the bug
without ruining any thing?
If no...OK, I'll just left the problem there aua

31.10.2010 14:48 Sean(Taiwan) ist offline E-Mail an Sean(Taiwan) senden Homepage von Sean(Taiwan) Beiträge von Sean(Taiwan) suchen Nehmen Sie Sean(Taiwan) in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Seiten (22): « erste ... « vorherige 20 21 [22] Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
gta-worldmods.de/forum » Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas » Modding Showrooms & Editing Fragen » Showroom für Cars, Bikes und sonstige Fahrzeuge » Schaeffts Projects » [ SA | SCR | REL ] 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

Impressum

gta-worldmods.de EXILE GTA Modding
Francais English Russian Polish
Forensoftware: Burning Board, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH